Before you listen to the audio it is important to have a look at the instructions and the questions to get a clear idea about what is expected in this practice test. As you would be aware, the audio is played just once in the actual test, so, it is important that you do not miss any key information as you listen. As far as this practice test is concerned, you are free to listen to the audio as many times before answering the questions but as you proceed to take further tests try to answer the questions in a single audio play.
Test Instructions: Read the instructions carefully and answer as per the requirement:
A. Have a look at Questions 1 – 10 and proceed to listen to the below audio. You will hear two shopping experts talking about some famous shops from around the world.
B. Complete the sentences below based on your understanding of the audio. You can write a maximum of 3 words / or a number per question.
C. Note your answers on a notepad or sheet of paper. After completion click on Check Answers button available below. The complete script of the audio is provided for your reference as well.
1. Macy’s is one of the most famous ___________ in New York City.
2. Rowland Macy opened his first shops in the town of Haverhill in Massachusetts between ____________ and _____________.
3. Rowland Macy opened his first New York store on ___________ of October 1858.
4. The Herald Square store was opened in ___________.
5. Macy’s is especially famous for its _________ parade, which marks the beginning of the Christmas season.
Fortnum & Mason
6. Fortnum & Mason is located at 181 Piccadilly in _________ , where it was established in 1707 by William Fortnum and Hugh Mason.
7. Fortnum & Mason sells all sorts of goods, including _________ books and games.
8. In 1761 William Fortnum’s _____________ went into the service of Queen Charlotte.
9. Fortnum’s is famous for its Hampers, which are ____________.
10. Hampers can cost up to £ _____________.